Which 4x AGP Graphics Card?

Jamie_100 said:
only 175watts... not very much. I would buy a new 400-500w psu and be on the safe side.
Sorry, I agree a new PSU would be ideal however I do not believe the PSU can be changed in these 'SFF' cases but i'll look further into it and check.

well another case is only like $50.00 so no big deal really...$50.00 for psu, $40.00 for a cheap case and TA-DA!

If u are gonna end up spending a lot of money on the 9600, i would say to just get the 6600gt. Its a lot more power and not much more money. IMO, any prior generation cards are WAY to expensive for what u r getting. Not sure how the 6200 compares to the 9600, but its coming out in AGP very soon, if its not out already, and it'll be WAY cheaper than the 9600 for sure. I believe that the 9600xt is the same price as the 6600gt, but the 6600gt blows it away. Either card will work in a 4x slot. There wont be much of a bottleneck on the 6600gt and at least you'll have a newer card for a longer time period.

d_source said:
If u are gonna end up spending a lot of money on the 9600, i would say to just get the 6600gt. Its a lot more power and not much more money. IMO, any prior generation cards are WAY to expensive for what u r getting. Not sure how the 6200 compares to the 9600, but its coming out in AGP very soon, if its not out already, and it'll be WAY cheaper than the 9600 for sure. I believe that the 9600xt is the same price as the 6600gt, but the 6600gt blows it away. Either card will work in a 4x slot. There wont be much of a bottleneck on the 6600gt and at least you'll have a newer card for a longer time period.
Is this card in low profile format? If not it will be too big for my SFF case :(

i used to have a gigabyte radeon 9800se im not sure maybe it was the 9600se enyway it is low profile and actually was a very decent card. would easily run the games u mentioned

Back
Top Bottom