Trojan Horse virus

Brookfield

Golden Master
This morning I got an email; From Post Office, Subject, delivery; "Viruses found in the attached files, The file instruction zip Trojan Horse, back door generic JBT, the attachment was moved to the virus vault"

I opened the virus vault, "Action, moved object; infected"

The virus arrived today at 08.05, as I've only received mail from CV today, could it have come from there, if not, how?
The info from AVG is long & very specific, for example, "Return path. mailer-daemon @ [my email address], received from me wanadoo net [local host] by mwin 3001 by mewin 3001 freeserve.com, recd from 192 168 120 11 unknown" etc, etc, could the techies among you decypher this gobbledygook please, & tell me how I did get it.

Thanks, Maurice.
help.gif

Steven12 said:
Thanks for the headds up warning mauruice.
Oh, you've taken it as a warning, that's good, but this appeared out of the blue, as far as I can see, you wouldn't get a warning, bang,.......it's there!!!
I posted it really, to find out how I got it, any ideas yourself, or who's the best member to ask, do you think?

Erm got a question: Why didn't you posted it over CV instead? It could help us ya know...It gets me a little enraged...please post it to CV next time...Thanks :)

ATTENTION PLEASE>>>
I just dropped in to let you guys here know that mail did not come from Computervitals. Neither Buzz nor myself sent any mails out to Maurice.

Now Maurice please send me or Buzz a copy of the complete e-mail including the header. Make sure you put in the title what it is. If you have disposed of the letter at least give us and idea of the content of the letter. E-mail it too me. Use my private address you have. Please Maurice, help us find out who did this.

Attacking a harmless old man was at the least childish. Maurice is 82 years old. He's a good guy. I just don't understand why someone would do that.

Whoa... I was like... you're back! But then I read it and ah well.. yeah, I doubt it was from CV. I haven't gotten anything...

Jac006 see if Maurice will respond to a pm from you. If his system didn't get knocked out he's proabley too spooked to use the e-mail channels.
I hope he's ok.

"Return path. mailer-daemon @ [my email address], received from me wanadoo net [local host] by mwin 3001 by mewin 3001 freeserve.com, recd from 192 168 120 11 unknown"

That was from the email header right ?

setishock said:
Maurice is 82 years old. He's a good guy. I just don't understand why someone would do that.

WAHHH? He's 82 years old? It probably come from a source of a member that is infected that is sent to some mails

Back
Top Bottom