Quick question on power supply

novauniao96

Baseband Member
I just purchased a new power supply: 17-182-009 PSU ROSEWILL RP500 RETAIL from newegg and the main power connector to the motherboard is a bit larger than my previous one.

So my question is I guess the main power connector are different sizes and not universal and I will need to take it back. I can plug it onto the motherboard it just doesn't line up with the clip and some of the connector hangs over, will this screw up my comp if I try and turn it on like this.

problem solved thanks for the advice!

Ok I was reading some of the reviews and people were saying it wasn't necessary to buy the converter. So can I just plug in the main cable with extra pins not connecting to anything or will this cause some problems, anyone have any experience with this?

Well, basically what the converter does is allow the power supply plug to fit onto the motherboard, but if it already fits, it should be okay. It doesn't actually convert anything, just makes it the right number of pins. (This isn't true for the other way around, in case anyone was wondering.) So yeah, I wouldn't recommend just leaving the extra pins hanging over, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt.

Back
Top Bottom