dumbass dad!!!

mikee

Fully Optimized
OK my dad is sooo dumb when it comes to computers. I swear his computer has like 10 viruses on it and everytime I try to scan it he exits it and goes back on his email and gets more viruses. Now since his computer is the source of my internet, the internet disconnects and redials every 2 minutes or so. How could I go about fixing that computer without having him exiting it and do his own thing?

Does he know what your doing or does he think its some pointless app running? Because you'd think that if you told him it was for scanning VIRUSES he wouldnt close it.

Whatever you do, I suggest having a bit more respect for the folks. I don't care how stupid he is, respect is number one for parents. Calling him a dumbass is really insulting.

Anyway, try to teach him about how to use the internet safely. What can he download, and what should he stay away from? Things like that. Also emphasize the importance of the spyware scans you are running, and tell him that turning it off is really detrimental to the computer.

You would THINK. Mikee286, I know what your going through. My father doesn't even know how to check eMail. Nonetheless how to get an eMail address, just go with the flow. Say the computers broke ;)

I don't know what he thinks when he sees it he just complains that his computer isnt working and when i try to fix it he just keeps interfering with the scanning things.

spank_fusion, I don't think you should be so concerned about what he he thinks of his dad. Just answering his question is fine.

Yeah, like you should also respect some other CF'ers too. Or does that not apply? *sigh*...

Back
Top Bottom