ATI vs nVidia

What I'm mostly interested in is the X-Finity's wires...they're nice :) Yeah, the Modstream is nice.

Does power have even that much affect on performace? Because it is the amount of electrons flowing trhough, the more you got flowing the better. SO I think it would. Although my insanely small knowledge on PSUs could be wrong on this one...

Yes it does. You want power that's stable and not leaking all over the place from extension plugs. PSU's always matter, because you want good power going into your system, not the bad stuff.

I want to get the x-finity but i can only find the 500w one being sold on canadian sites. They make a 600 but i cant find it. And does psu havta be SLI certified?

it doesnt need to be SLI certified, unless you are running an SLI setup. If you are, i HIGHLY RECOMMEND A SLI CERTIFIED PSU.

There was a time when computers only ran on 250watts. I still remember my first Gateway PC that had a 250watt power supply. Now, the 7800GTX need something like 550 minimum watts for SLi config!!!! That's juice baby.

Haha, I hear ya. My old Pentium II system used a 250w PSU, same with my Dad's Pentium III system.

TRDCorolla said:
There was a time when computers only ran on 250watts. I still remember my first Gateway PC that had a 250watt power supply. Now, the 7800GTX need something like 550 minimum watts for SLi config!!!! That's juice baby.

My pc is still running with a 305W PSU. :p

Back
Top Bottom