Spanish...

Any of you guys take spanish in HS? I am considering dropping it first thing next year. I mean, I took it in 7th and overall GPA was a 94, took it in 8th and overall GPA was a 93 or something. And on my proficiency I got a 93 or 92, so I mean this year in 9th I'm takin Spanish II and its fairly easy, I'm only taking it because it raises my GPA and its easy. Those of you that have taken spanish how many courses have you taken of it? E.G. Spanish I, Spanish II, Spanish III or something.

What do colleges want with spanish?

I dont know about spanish per se, But most colleges in the US require you have two languages (two credits of the second language normally)

Random Fact though: Did you know if you know american sign language They consider it another language even though its english lol Freaky eh?

But yeah, I would take two credits and be done with it, Spanish is easy, Ive never even taken a class and I picked it up going to my friends house every weekend Silly Hispanics ^_^

lhuser+ spanish = scrap lol

Ahh cookies cleared! Good enough to keep me on track lol!

I learnt spanish when i was about ... around 10 years i think ... forgot everything, but now i am learning french, which is harder, *sighs at my own unfortunate circumstances*

I took Spanish 1 and French 1 so that was good enough for me to pass on to the university. All the language class have instuctors talking the entire time in a foreign language. So the first day of class, I'm like, WTF are you talking about. Dude, I can't understand what you're saying. The entire class period for the rest of the school year was like that. Thank goodness they wrote english on the whiteboard at least.

many colleges say hey that guy is like this other guy, but wait this one knows a foreign language he is a genius let him in and tell the other guy to leave,

also many places require either 2 credits from 2 different languages or 3 credits with one language

Back
Top Bottom