CPU usage too high!

Dishdog

Fully Optimized
Ok when i'm running normal stuff(like browsing the web) it's at like 1-5%. When i play games i don't know what it is but it never lags. today all of a sudden when i play some songs the CPU usage goes up to 85-100%. i'm using intergraded sound and i know that takes up some CPU usage but come on like 90% of it.

I ran all the scans and defragmented but still it maxes out.

So my question is what could be causing this other then spy/adware and viruses.

spyware perhaps, check if you have any extra background programs running you're not aware of, shut em down.. and if ur comp messes up.. just reboot it.. but try shutting down random ones thats unheard of ;) hope it works out

Look for the one that sucks the CPu usage. Post it here an I'll tell you if it's spyware

Any chance you could take a screen shot of the actual thing and post it here?

Yeah do a print screen and let us see what it is. Maybe then we'll be able to offer the most help. As this same thing happens to me...

IT2.jpg

the actual memory is being used up but it still lags.

jesus.. cpu usage is at 85% bud.. that means something is defintely taking up a lot of ur system resources... something is hogging it all.. either an unidentified spyware.. or that antivirus shit running.. not sure.. go to the other tab.. "performance" and take a screen shot of that, maybe it'll give me more clues

yeah definitely .. have you tried removing spyware? and that picture isnt RIGHT after you load up taskmgr is it? you give it like 5 seconds to cool down, so the actual cpu usage shows?

i say it's spyware.. anyway, let me know first if you ran any tests for spyware and the other question, if thats a screenshot right after you entered taskmgr, which i doubt, i'll link the site for spyware removal tools, give me few min :0

Back
Top Bottom