real time video transmission

Smith2003

Solid State Member
Hi, :)
I want to add a button to a web page, when this button is clicked the video that the webcam displays will start to be sent to another computer where it can be displayed and recorded, I think it's similare to the video conference principle, How can I make this?
and what language I need? Javascript or what?
please help me if you know. :confused:

thank you very much Mr Lord Kalthorn, and sorry for my late reply.
I don't have a host, the users ( clients ) will have webcams, and when the button is clicked the host computer will have a real time dispaly of their webcams.
and thank you again my friend. :)

Lol, call me Tiberius :p

Wow... do you know this will work? Cause it confuses the hell out of me :D Its really not safe to give a direct webcam link from a computer to another on a webpage that anybody could view?

To be honest though, I cannot tell you what that would involve. We can just keep bumping this until somebody who knows reads it :D

thank you very much Mr Tiberius,
the webcam link is not for everybody, it's just for the registered users,
I'm really thinking of a way for student's authentication in online exam, I'm trying to find a way to allow online exam from any computer using easy technology everybody could use it, if you have any idea.

Are there webcams with 180 degree?

You can do it easily using Windows Media streaming. Contact me if you need a professional solution, I can help you at a good price.

The basic concept is to setup a media publishing point in a Windows 2003 server. Then connect to the publishing point using your webcam via Windows Media Encoder. Use port 80, so that even people with firewalls can view the webcam. Enjoy

Back
Top Bottom