2 Hours left...

Yeah, I mean the 7800GTX has been out for a long time and ati still can't come up with a card that is better than it.

but I don't mind, I prefer nVidia.

i dont know though....the AA on the ATi card looks better than the AA on the Nvidia one...

Seriously...if I was to wait that long, I would expect something to beat the 7800 GTX is most benchmarks. Unfortunately not...

The only thing about the X1800 XT that's worth drooling over is the 512mb of GDDR3 RAM it'll have. But, probably by the time the X1800 XT's (yes, they'll come out later) release, nVIDIA will already have a 512mb version of the 7800 GTX (They better be listening! *wink, wink*).

One of the most important things is the price. And that's where the 7800 GTX beats out the X1800, hands down. The 7800 GTX's have dropped since their $600 debut, but the X1800's are set to launch at the high-end of $500...add that and the mediocre performance, it's not worth it. I'll give ATI kudos though, for a very valiant try. Let's hope the R580 will be a killer. :)

ownage said:
i dont know though....the AA on the ATi card looks better than the AA on the Nvidia one...

Nah. nVIDIA's Transperency AA is superior to ATI's Adaptive AA. The only drawback is that Transperency AA is only compatible with the nVIDIA 7 series, while the Adaptive AA is compatible with all ATI cards. I still would go with the Transperency AA.

alvino said:
Nah. nVIDIA's Transperency AA is superior to ATI's Adaptive AA. The only drawback is that Transperency AA is only compatible with the nVIDIA 7 series, while the Adaptive AA is compatible with all ATI cards. I still would go with the Transperency AA.

well looking at some benchmarks atis performance didn't drop as much as nvidias did when they enabled AA.

But still, nVidia pwns and that's all that matters.

alvino said:
The only thing about the X1800 XT that's worth drooling over is the 512mb of GDDR3 RAM it'll have. But, probably by the time the X1800 XT's (yes, they'll come out later) release, nVIDIA will already have a 512mb version of the 7800 GTX (They better be listening! *wink, wink*).

They already have 512MB 6800s. I recall hearing something about the 7800s being reworked to support 512MB, as well. In any case, it should be coming around soon.

alvino said:

No, ATi's Adaptive AA is supposed to be "20x" AA while Nvidia's is only "16x"

Back
Top Bottom