Posting bots...

Dachi

Solid State Member
I was unsure as to where to put this, but here goes.

How would I go about making one which can interact with the forms of a forum and post on my behalf?

Should I use a script and upload it to a server, or run it as an app from my PC?

Any tutorials on writing one would be cool.

Haha, I wasn't planning on using it for 'constructive posting' so to speak.

I'm thinking of using javascript. How do I set the location.reload() function to be set on a timer?

Not to overload, I just want a big postcount.

Anyway, reloading isn't working with this form. What's that other function again?

self.location('some url')?

Edit: location.href is what I meant, so how do I say something like;

After 5 seconds location.href='cool.html'

?

Agreed... your not going to get any help on this forum because it's a really stupid idea... nobodys going to even let you think about spamming any forum on CF so sorry, you have to look else where for help on this.

Chris

He never said it was this forum. Jeez, you guys never give these people a chance to explain themselves. Now, yes, it sounds a lot like he's going to spam the hell out of a forum, but at least hear him out first. There might actually be a good reason. I thought this forum was supposed to treat its members (especially its new ones) with respect.

Now if he explains, and it still sounds bad, then lock the thread or whatever. Otherwise, give the man a chance.

Lol I remember a topic a few weeks back about appearing friendly and being friendly to newbs who know no better.. It was really listened too

Oh, BTW: Im back ^_^

Back
Top Bottom