Driver/DX9 issues

delusional

Baseband Member
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone here could offer me some insight as to what is going on with my machine. My specs are in my sig, so I'll just go ahead and describe the problem.
It's really odd, CS:Source, Doom3, and FarCry, run just fine. But when I play GTA:SA, FEAR mp demo, or COD 2 demo, this is what happens:
I load the game, either in the menu or when the game loads, I get a split screen effect. The top half seems ok while the bottom half is totally out of wack. Either Wireframing or just flashing or no image at all. What could this possibly be? I have tried new drivers, old drivers, changing settings and the only thing that brough about any success was when I ran the game with single GPU rendering instead of SLI rendering. I'm also running windows x64 which maybe a problem for directx9.0c.
I'm really lost here and would appreciate any help. Also, I should add that all games worked fine before a certain time when I installed either a driver or directx, and have since then reinstalled everything to it's orignal version to no avail.

Plz help the noob!

-del

but then why would it have worked before I updated anything? and then not work when I reverted?

hmm, I used driver cleaner pro, which deletes all nvidia files on my hd, then installed the old ones again.

Oh...

did you upgraded you DirectX program?

Did happened a while after you had the games on right?

yea it seemed to be fine at first, then something installed a newer (or older) version of DX9 and I think thats when the problems started. Is there any possible way to revert your DX? and/or delete it and start from scratch?

Erm, DX9 with an XP64 machine.... I don't know if it's good together

Try looking in Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel (and check the Windows update installations) and see if it's there.

Usually, I could never have reverted a Direct X version to 8.1

I think you need to reformat...but it's not the final answer now

I guess I'm just going to go ahead and shell out the extra 180 bucks for pro. This hasn't been the only problem with x64, it's completely glitchy. I guess I'll buy pro and wait for them to get their acts together.

Back
Top Bottom