Viewing Source Code Permanently

allstar_07

Beta member
Is there a way that you can view websites source code in IE, I know you can do the view...source code but can you set IE so that all it displays is the source code for a given address?

I've found a couple of websites that allow you to put in an address and it then displays the source code as a webpage so to speak(rather than notebook) but is there an easy way without the middle man? i.e some settings in IE or use another browser?

Thanks

allstar_07 said:
Is there a way that you can view websites source code in IE, I know you can do the view...source code but can you set IE so that all it displays is the source code for a given address?

I've found a couple of websites that allow you to put in an address and it then displays the source code as a webpage so to speak(rather than notebook) but is there an easy way without the middle man? i.e some settings in IE or use another browser?

Thanks

I think u can view the soure code with mozilla. (the original one, not firefox)

No, I don't know of a way of doing this in any browser.

Maybe you can with Mozilla (I uninstalled it, it was too clumsy and unfriendly for my liking), but I wouldn't know.

Is it too much trouble to open Notepad each time? I find it's better formatted in there than on a webpage, usually.

He wants to automatically view a webpage's source code automatically without having to go View->Source every time, I think.

I want to 'collect' the information from a web page in a text format, and to do this it has to be the source code as after it is displayed in IE the information I want is converted to a picture and so is not in text format.
Hope this makes sense, I want to be able to read the source code into another program (Matlab/LabVIEW mayby but I'm unsure of it's capabilites-anyone know of anything?) automatically by inputting a URL and collecting the data in text format. Hence, I don't want to miss out the view-source-save part.

Any ideas?
I'll try the original Mozilla

Cheers

I want to create a piece of programming in something that will go to a URL as requested and save the source code as a txt file for example, I'm not sure if this can be done. But I think you can get a program to save the html data from a website on its own, so I thought if it displayed the source code somehow it could be done?

The reason I want to get the source codes saved autiomatically is that I want to get say 100 source codes from websites, say www.blahblahblah.1.co.uk then www.blahblahblah.2.co.uk then www.blahblahblah.3.co.uk and so on. This way I can leave the program running and collect the data rather than goin to each web page and saving the source code manually. Hope this makes sense.

You mean you want to pull server-code ASPX or PHP files off a server before they are processed? I don't think it is possible without the Server's Password... they secure against things like that :p

Back
Top Bottom