voltage mod

towly

In Runtime
what exactly is a voltage mod for a vid card? Does upping the voltage on a vid card also help get attain a higher overclock or does it not affect oc'ing at all.

a volt mod gives the video card more voltage. It will increase the overclock but it comes at a price of heat. Volt mods are not limited to Video Cards only, but it mainly used on video cards.

Well I found several websites detailing how to do it on a 6600gt agp. Now my question is how exactly do I go about putting the pencil graphite on the transistor, and how do I know how much is enough? Also I know you need tape to hold the graphite down, would electrical tape be the best?

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=1912&s=1
go there, i dont recomment the pencil because it is not reliable, but if you can not solder, then i would just go with the pencil. Use regular scotch tape if you are going for the pencil. Be sure to test your resistance before powering up.

where can I get one of those 10k ohm resistance chips? How exactly do you tune down the resistance w/ the chip, and if you go with the pencil how do you know how much graphite to put on.

Also which way is safer, Im guessing the pencil mod since you can just blow off the graphite. Im guessing soldering something is more dangerous because as far as I know if you heat the wrong things up you can do tons of damage.

it depends, do you know how to solder? If you do, that is the safest method, if you dont, the pencil way is.

I have no idea how to solder. Also, how can I find out if my vid card in general takes to more voltage, I have the proper cooling solution, but Im not sure if the card will like the extra voltage.

test it with a volt ohm meter. Put the Red to the point of the resister, and then put the black to ground and see what the meter reads out. Go to the link i posted before, it will tell you what to do.

Back
Top Bottom