Got a free Computer... Need HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
x0r515t said:
Sounds like a cmos password, just disconnect the cmos battery for a few minutes (Some motherboards have a clear cmos jumper as well).This will reset all BIOS settings including set passwords.

Just thought I would add, he said this PC has a pentium II, I doubt it has windows XP installed.

so do i open the computer up? how would i do that? thanks.,

Yeha, open the side panel, go into the mobo, look for a battery and then pop that out. Wait a few minutes and then pop it back in and there you go. The bios and all should've reset.

Popping out the battery does not remove the password, the PWD jumper located by the CPU or CMOS battery does reset it. It clears it to 0, which enables you to set a new one or clear an old one. You have to set it, usually depending on the motherboard, to jump places 2-3 on the pin set.

jhowell said:
Popping out the battery does not remove the password, the PWD jumper located by the CPU or CMOS battery does reset it. It clears it to 0, which enables you to set a new one or clear an old one. You have to set it, usually depending on the motherboard, to jump places 2-3 on the pin set.

hat is the CMOS battery

EVERYBODY!!

got past the passwrod thing.

but now the computer loads, and it has XP already on it. And theres a password, any help now?

Boot into safe mode and use the Administrator account to delete the locked account and create a new one.

Why don't you just ask your school what the password is or for them to disable it?

To all the members that helped him get past the password you know it's against the forum rules to help someone get past passwords right? there is no way to tell if he/she really got the computer from school or stole it from a person that was smart and put passwords on evreything.

We'll take it that he was honest. But yeah, good point. So, from now on, you're on your own.

Dishdog said:
Why don't you just ask your school what the password is or for them to disable it?

To all the members that helped him get past the password you know it's against the forum rules to help someone get past passwords right? there is no way to tell if he/she really got the computer from school or stole it from a person that was smart and put passwords on evreything.

Ok, i wouldnt steal a pentium 2. well i woulnt steal for that matter.

but my school got in a bunch of new computers and there giving them away. Ask anybody.

I asked the school and they dont know, but i got around it by taking out the battery, thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom