ATI vs nVidia

I hate the looks of that case....and the case I got was on sale because it was overstocked on this one website. It has these nice fan directs that direct all the air over the components...it also has a tooless bay kit and plenty of space... but I did only get it for 40 dollars CDN and it seems to be discontinued for some reason. When I bought it, it said a 80mm fan included plus 4 optional fan ports but it only has 2 or 3... must have been a typo. As for SLI I will not use it for now since I am getting the 7800GTX but I am getting an SLI mobo so in the future I can always add on another GPU.

Yeah I would invest in a 550W PSU. If you're goign to be running SLI then you NEED it. But if you just want to run a regualr 7800GTX then 500W is plenty. BUt it never hurts to have that 50W of power just in case...

Also, thanks for the information on whether or not my GPU will get cooler or not.

Anywho, I think we should make this an official ATi VS nVidia thread, so we can post all about ATi and nVidia. Not just on wther which card this guy wants, because quite frankly this thread has quite a number of posts and is in my humble opinion attracting a sizeable audience.

Yeah 550watts would be best for dual 7800GTX. It gives you adequate headroom for your overall system. You can still get a 550watt power supply for a single 7800GTX so in the future if you do get that other 7800GTX, you'll be all set power wise.

Exactly. Never hurts to be prepared just incase you happen to want something in the near-future. Like me, I had a 300W PSU, then I wanted to upgrade my video card, which is the one I have right now, but this 300W PSu BARELY lets it boot up and do its thing. So don't follow my example and only get what you need to run what you currently have, prepare for somethign you may want in a month, 6 months or a year...

the minimum requirement is 550, but if you have all the fancy stuff, i would get a 600 watt psu. Preferrably OCZ Powerstream 600, it is also SLI ready.

Actually, the 7800 GTX's are already considered "low power". The 6800 Ultras...oh boy, those things were power eaters.

Back
Top Bottom