apple or pc

fatty

Beta member
im a senior in high school and planning on majoring in electronic media production. so id be makin movies and videos and stuff. so would spending the $ on an apple be woth ir for the better graphics, ets or should i just get a good pc. and im prolly gonna go 4 a laptop. any suggestions?

get win xp media center idition 2005. or maby even win vista, never tryed that tho..

video production? Apple is much better at this than pc. If you don't really plan on playing many games, get a mac.

shadowrunner said:
Def. Apple for Video or media.

PC's are just a gamer's need really.

not really, for the same price youd pay for a mac, you can get a beast of a pc that can do just as much if not more then a mac.

2gb of ram = $300
250 gb hd = $80
GFX Card (a 6600gt would more then do it) =$150
Motherboard = $120
Processor (a nice intel 3.6 ghz) = $408
Case w/ power supply and accesories, Keyboard + Mouse, Monitor = $400

Thats all under $1500, you aint gunna get a better computer be it mac or pc for that price for what your doing. More then enough processing power, a more then sufficent gfx card, plenty of ram and harddrive space, and all the other goodies.

fatty said:
im a senior in high school and planning on majoring in electronic media production. so id be makin movies and videos and stuff. so would spending the $ on an apple be woth ir for the better graphics, ets or should i just get a good pc. and im prolly gonna go 4 a laptop. any suggestions?

Technically, they're all PCs. Apple PCs are super nice, but compatibility issues and price present a problem for most people. Build a high performance Windows system and you'll own.

To be honest, in my opinion, i don't really like the Apple PCs, but as people said, PC are primarily for gaming, Macs are good in the graphics industry, such as image editting, video editting and a wide range of others such as engineering, Mac is a somewhat default computer for many areas of the developing industry, don't know why though lol, stability issues perhaps ?
But if you plan to use your computer mainly for your school stuff, then you should get that ;)

deffinately get a pc, nothing works with the macs (games mostly) and macs really arent worth the money like mayorredbeard said u can get a pc that will be much more powerfull for less money

Yeah, apple all the way for video editing and graphic stuff. Gaming and normal usage for pc's...

Back
Top Bottom