DELL DIMENSIN 8400, 250$, is it worth it =/?

OtakuBakaA

In Runtime
Hey, i am planning to get a dell dimension desktop for 250$, BUT

NO MONITOR, KEYBOARD, MOUSE, SPEAKERS, only the case itself and no HD , for 250$? Please tell me what i should do, what can be added to make it worth, what should be deducted for a discount. thanks guys!

p4 at 3.0 GHZ 540 ( 1 MB cache)
ATI pci E x300
DVD ROM
Integrated sound
128 MB ram

The Amish Kid said:
well what are the other specs, like the processor and stuff

p4 3.0 ghz im guessing its the 540
ATI x300 graphics 128 MB
Integrated sound
DVD rom
128 MB ram

These are the basic specs on the PC

Well depends what u want to do with that? The CPU is the only good part, the vid card ain't the best ones around and the amount of ram sucks.

I'd not buy that, because if u want to play games.. well u can forget that with those kind of specs. If u just plan to use the internet and stuff like that the amount of ram is too small. I doubt it's going to run fast with many applications running in the background, and if u want to use xp it's going to be even slower. I have like 250mb ram used all the time, and the other 250mb free. This when I only use the internet, media player, messenger etc.

So I'd get a better one.

Get at least 512MB RAM

daemon, it says 250MB Ram. Unless the guy has an intergrated 6MB VIdeo card, I'd think you'd wanted to say 256MB RAM lol

lhuser said:
Get at least 512MB RAM

daemon, it says 250MB Ram. Unless the guy has an intergrated 6MB VIdeo card, I'd think you'd wanted to say 256MB RAM lol

no I was talking about my computer :) I have about 250mb used all the time, but it oufcourse is jumping all the time so I can't give the exact number, therefore about 250, which leaves about 250 to be free.

Somehow that doesn't sound right but u get my point :D , can't be too exact since the numbers change all the time.

But yes, atleast 512mb ram no matter what u use it for.

Back
Top Bottom