Temperatures are too high?!?

amanat69

In Runtime
Hi,
I have a Pentium 4 2.93 Ghz processor and it has an idle temperature from 52-54C. When playing games it can go up to 62-63C. Is this ok? What shall I do?

Also, I have a Nvidia 6800GT graphics card. It is idle at 59-65C while the GPU memory is idle at 53C. When playing on it, it can go up to as much as 68C!

Is this way too hot? Any suggestions to solve this?

Amanat.

Oh ok thanks. :D

I am getting a new case with more room. Also a 25 quid gigabyte cpu fan.

Also, my new 6800GT has a fan built on obviously... But it seems rather loud... Well I can hear it... Am I not used to it? Or is it not meant to be loud?

Thanks

GPU's can go up to 120 degrees Celsius, but its not recommended, and what Pentium 4 do you have? A northwood or a Prescott? go to www.cpuid.com and download cpu-z and see what it is.

nah, dont go for vapochill heatsinks, either get a zalman anything but a 9500, or get a Thermalright SI-120 or XP-90c, or get a Scythe Ninja. The Thermlarights and the Ninja need a fan to be put on, i recommen a high speed tri-blade delta.

ownage said:
GPU's can go up to 120 degrees Celsius, but its not recommended

Seriously?? Thank god!! I (like amanat69) was very worried about my temperatures. I have a 7800GTX (the XFX 490/1300 version) and under full load it reaches around 65 degrees celsius, and idles around 44. My CPU idles at 36 degrees celsius, and about 42 under full load. I'm guessing these are OK temps?

P.S. Sorry to hi-jack your thread amanat69 but I didn't want to start another thread when there is one already going on about temperatures.

P.S.S. 300th post!! :D How ironic and hypocritical is that??? ;)

i got a zalman fan for my 6800gt and it idles at about 47-49 not sure what it is under load but i suggest u get one look at the overclock i got on it :D

Back
Top Bottom