Bf2

STeven159159

In Runtime
any suggestions on how i can improve my comp for around 300$ to the bf2 reccomendations

Amd Athlon Xp 3000+
160gb hardrive
512mb
Chaintech Fx 5500 256 mb
17in flat screen moniter

im currently playin the demo at low
and i got 48 kills
8 deaths

Buy a stick of 1 gig of ram. Then get an BFG geforce 6600gt.
That should be about 300$ Probly less. Then you should be able to play on high settings. Your cpu is fine.

It depends on what his psu is... a 6600gt can't run on anything less that 300w as far as I know...

allenn812 said:
Buy a stick of 1 gig of ram. Then get an BFG geforce 6600gt.
That should be about 300$ Probly less. Then you should be able to play on high settings. Your cpu is fine.

i dont really kno that much about video card. cause of the pipelines and ram on them and the bits per card or wut eva. but what if he didnt get the ram and just got one of the 521 m/b video cards?

OMG, 250watts?!?! Ok, upgrade the PSU and video card. That's a MUST. RAM can be upgraded later if you don't have the money. 512MB should be ok because that's the minimum you can have to play BF2.

TRDCorolla said:
OMG, 250watts?!?! Ok, upgrade the PSU and video card. That's a MUST. RAM can be upgraded later if you don't have the money. 512MB should be ok because that's the minimum you can have to play BF2.

Well 512mb is ok for minimum settings, but he can already play on those lol. But yea, upgrading you PSU is a must now.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817148012

This is a VERY good power supply, it will be more than enough and youll also be set for the future. Tip: When searching for power supplies, wattage isnt necessarily the most important thing to look for, because you can have a crapy 500W PSU, other than wattage look at what is says under the +12v, anything over 20A should be ok, unless your making a super gamming comp. This PSU has has 36A which is really good for the price.

+3.3V@32A, +5V@34A, ***+12V@36A***, -5V@0.3A, -12V@0.8A, +5VSB@2A
Were the stars are is were you should look for it.

okay, get a new psu, your video card is decent right now, but BF2 LOVES 2GB OF RAM. IT LOVES IT, ITS A RESOURCE HOG.

Back
Top Bottom