Got a free Computer... Need HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordan123

Baseband Member
K, wasnt sure where to put this but ok./

My school was giving away some free PCs so i took one., though if it didnt work id throw it off a building or osmething, but it works.

Its a pentium 2 HP.

I got a cheap mouse + keyboard + monitor hooked up to it in my room. But everytime i turn it on it asks for a password

is there anyway to get around this? thanks.

Just reformat. It's called the OS. xp always asks for a password. Your best bet is to just reformat. Either that or boot in safe mode and just log on as admin and then change the password from there. Everything else is illegal, so 'nuff said.

Just wondering, is the password on the actual OS, or does it ask for it right after you boot ? Because then, there would just be a password on the BIOS ...

Tell us what you see. A screen that says XP on it, or a blue screen or something very plain...

jac006 said:
Tell us what you see. A screen that says XP on it, or a blue screen or something very plain...

def not XP.

it boots and theres a screen that says Vectra. says press F2 to setup.

press that takes me you like a black screen with some text.

Then goes to a password screen where its all black and in white text in the middle of screen it says

insert CURRENT password. after i try typeing a word, an X pops up, probly means it wrong.

After the third word beside the X is like a smiley face and i cant type any more words in.

Sounds like a cmos password, just disconnect the cmos battery for a few minutes (Some motherboards have a clear cmos jumper as well).This will reset all BIOS settings including set passwords.

Just thought I would add, he said this PC has a pentium II, I doubt it has windows XP installed.

Clear CMOS.

If your P2 is having like a 350MHZ, 128MB RAM and a 6GB+ HDD, Xp could take it, but it wouldn't be enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom