Somethings not right

Leeroyo

Beta member
Hey,
for a few weeks now my computer decides that it wants to freeze during games after about 5 mins into them. It also likes to freeze occasionaly during the boot screen (i have a modified boot sceen and the default windows one, both have frozen). I reformatted the puter to see if that would fix my problem, however even with all new and up dated drivers (motherboard, graphics card, audio ect..) installed it still occours. I have a legit windows xp and i have SP2 installed, ive run spyware and virus checkers that have come up with nothing. It will freeze on any game that has its own window, low or high graphics, but it will never freeze when simply browsing the net. So i think that perhaps my graphics card is slowly on its way out (Radeon 9200 SE). It did this before the reformat as well so im fairly certain its a hardware fault not software, but im not sure at all.

It has me stumped, cheers to anyone who has suggestions.

It looks like your memory has a little handeling problem...or your CPU is overheating

Do you OC?

Noppers, Pentium 4 3.00ghz havnt OC'ed at all. I thought it was over heating at first but all fans are working well and my computer reads temp as normal, ive got one 512mb stick of mem, is there a way to check if its all in shape?

If it was memory wouldnt things like msn be affeted as well? And if it over headted why would the boot screen randomly freeze after being turned off for awhile? Arghh *is confused*

:S Dont worry i found the problem after pulling apart the puter, the fan on my graphics card isnt spining fast enough so the card builds up in temp lol thanks for the suggestions though :p

Back
Top Bottom