Help on installing fans

cantona

Daemon Poster
Hi

I have decided to buy some fan/s for my pc. I have never done this and therefore have some questions:

1) What fan should I buy?
2) How much does a fan cool a system?
3) How do I install the fan/s?

I do not have any extra holes to place the fans in my case so I assume you have to make them, how do I do this?

My system is:

AMD 64 3200
MSI K8N NEO2 Platinum
6600GT
120GB
512MB

Thanx for any help provided

the fans are easy to fit. you could do with one pulling in air and one blowing out air. the more circulation you get the better. so it will help with cooling. the fans can be screwd to he case through pre set holes. but if your case has non then you will have to make your own. i had one of my fans sitting loose on the base of my case blowing through the card slots. so you can experiment like that. i have now changed to a vapo chill heatsink and fan and no longer need the extras.
woz

thanx for the info so far...I currently have 2 fans (came with case)...so how many would you say I should buy?

well I have AMD Athlon 64 3200 and my temps are (after gaming):

CPU: 55C
Motherboard: 31C
Hard Drive: 32C

If I havent been gaming the temps are generally are around:

CPU: 48C
Motherboard: 28C
Hard Drive: 30C

Thanx for your help so far

Can You Tell Which Way The Fans Are Blowing?
Is One Blowing Out And One Pulling In?
Another Thing Is As I Found Out, You Might Be Better Off Buying A New Heatsink And Fan, Something Like The Vapo Chill Which I Got. I Took Out Two Of My Extra Fans When I Installed That.
Woz

I believe both fans that are on back of my computer are exhaust fans.

I would rather not install a new heatsink and just rather by 1 or 2 fans.

I have some pictures below to show you what my case and fans look like.

Thanx for your help so far.

PS: Is 55C on a CPU after strenous work (eg gaming) bad? Am i even need of a fan?

Pic of back of my case with the 2 fans:
IMG_1368.jpg

Side of case without panel:
IMG_1370.jpg

Same side with panel (as you can see no holes for fans)
IMG_1373.jpg

Other side of case without panel:
IMG_1372.jpg

Same side with panel:
IMG_1374.jpg

and the fan I put in there should it be an exhaust fan or should it bring air into the machine?

also is it bad for a CPU to be 55C after gaming?

cantona said:
and the fan I put in there should it be an exhaust fan or should it bring air into the machine?

also is it bad for a CPU to be 55C after gaming?

Since the ones on the back are exhaust I'd position the new fan as close to the front as possible, and an intake fan. So new room temperature comes in from the front and the warm air goes out of the back.

Back
Top Bottom