ATI vs nVidia

Both?! Lucky...I would gladly have both...

Xbox 360...mmm...the "FPS" console... :D

Just go with what you think you need.

Well if you're going to get both. Talk about bein' lucky!!!

Anwho back on to the main topic of this thread...

Before you buy a 7800GTX or a 6800GT or Ultra, check out some other cards liek the X800PRO or the X850XT. Because the new Crossfire technology, atleast from what I read, (take note ownage how i RESEARCHED!!!) that Crossfire performs better then SLI. So, if you have the money to spend, get two X850XT PEs.

Because TWO of them badboys will outperform two 7800GTXs. And, that's a fact from what I read. So ha! Bite on that one nVidia.

Well.... I dunno. Did the benchmark or whatever actually say that? Cause 48 pipelines v.r. 32 is a big difference. Yeah. Maybe you have to oc the x850xt pe's? Weird....

Here let dig up some more information on Crossfire vs SLI.

*sometimes later...*

Crossfire offers more display modes then SLI: SuperAA, AFR, Supertile, and Scissor.

Crossfire also works with some chipsets already, as oppossed to nVidia which makes you buy a nForce 4 SLI chipset.

Also, with the new CE (Crossfire Edition) cards, you can hook up FIVE monitors. I don't know if nVidia can do that or not so I'm not sure if that's better or worse...

This link shows how much better a X850XT CE performs to that of a 6800Ultra w/ SLI.

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=14474&PageId=6

There wasn't any specs on the Crossfire X850XT vs the 7800GTX SLI.

That site also said that the R520 chip coupled with Crossfire should be able to outperform the with 7800GTX in SLI.

So....I still say go with Crossfire technology and get two X850XT PEs.

Ok this thread is about video cards so LEAVE YOUR ISSUES OUTSIDE OF THIS FORUM. I am sick of reading all the immature comments. I want help on choosing a video card and I dont want to read these stupid comments. So back on topic.. I am kind of leading towards nVidia right now and I am not a hardcore gamer so its not like ill notice the difference. Any video card will be 10x better then the one on the comp I have now. It cant even play any modern games like Battlefield 2. I am not sure if I even want to get SLI or crossfire but it would be a good idea to get an SLI or CF mobo so I can add another card in the future. My question is would 2 6800GTs outpreform 1 7800GTX???? Right now I have it narrowed down to http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1212069&CatId=0 and http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1211889&CatId=0
But if I am going to spend more on 2 6800GTs it would be cheaper to just get a 7800GTX. (thats if I go with SLI).

well my friend, the performance will be oustandingly better with 2x 6800gt's, however, image quality will not be as good as the 7800gt. I'd personally get the duel 6800gt, that'd be KICK ASS, you'll be able to run bf2 with no troubles with either 7800 or 6800 though.

hows ur budget looking? it all depends on if your choice of either buying a new mobo and also purchasing these v-cards, or you can just keep ur mobo you have now and buy a card for that.. so tell us, what do you want.. new sli mobo.. we're looking at 150 - 250 bux.. let me know, then i'll help you choose, MOBO OR NOT TO MOBO!

I should mention I am building a whole new computer... I am trying to stay under 3000 dollars CDN so I should be good. I am gonna go with an SLI mobo probably.

Dude if you got $3,000 my advice is to get a computer that you won't ever have to upgrade for many years to come. So with that said why not get the best possible upgrades you can?

Crossfire is the new dual GPU way. Whether or not you want to be a gamer or not, you should at least want the best possible performance and best quality that you can achive. I could careless if you went with SLI or Crossfire. But I am saying that you should get the newest and best permorming hardware for your money, which in your case is quite high, thus you can get more and better things.

If you're leaning towards nVidia, go with it, if you want somehting new and an improved verision over current technology, go with ATi Crossfire. Either way you'll get a sweet ass kickin butt take no prisoners system...and that's the bottom line.

with 3 grand.. omg.. you dont need to get monitors and all those junk gucci stuff do you? cuz.. you can get..

amd 64 x2's
4 gigs of ram
SLI or Crossfire
Audigy Fatal1ty
200 gigs of hd

ANd ur set.. that'd be like 3k w/out the monitors and stuff.. you can get the TOP of the TOP of the line right now with that money..

Remember its CANADIAN dollars which is roughly 2400 US dollars or around there. That is the max I can spend... I mean the ULTIMATE MAX with everything included. With crossfire can you use other graphics cards other than the ATI CHIPSETS? Or is it like the SLI where you can only use nVidia chipsets. (A stupid question I know....) But I was going thru what parts which I may use.... I will make a seperate post later to confirm everytihng but right now its....

CPU - AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4400+ DUAL CORE PROCESSOR S939 TOLEDO 2.2GHZ 1MBX2 90NM

MOBO- I got a few possibilities here .. I want to stick with DFI...so... If I get SLI -
DFI LANParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard ATX S939 NFORCE4 SLI
OR
DFI LANParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert ATX S939 NFORCE4 SLI DDR

With crossfire - DFI LANParty UT RDX200 CF-DR ATX S939 RD480 DDR

Video card - Well I would want to take advantage of SLI or CF so with SLI i would go with 2 6800GTs and for crossfire I am not to familiar with ATI cards so some help there would be good.

Memory - I want to go with 2gb for now so... OCZ EL Platinum PC3200 2GB 2X1GB DDR400 CL2-3-2-5 184PIN Pin Dual Channel Memory

I am going to make another post on the other stuff since I also need help with diff types of hard drives etc. This is the best possible cpu I can go for, and I may not be able to spend this much. I am no 100% sure. But for now that is what I want to go for.

Back
Top Bottom