**Reformatted and still having monitor problems**

winterfreshpwnz

Fully Optimized
OK, for those of you who remember, I recently made a topic explaining that my monitor would randomly shut off, but rarely, and whenever I would restart it would just go idle. I tried reformatting and apparently that didn't help. I still can't restart my computer without it going off and I just don't know what the problem could be. I htink when the monitor shuts off randomly, the comp is actually restarting because when I restart, the heatsink slows down a bit and the comp goes a little quiet, and when the monitor randomly shuts off, the computer does that same thing. So I think it could be the computer restarting, not just the monitor shutting off while having my comp on doing whatever it was just doing. Anyone have any ideas as to how to solve it, or what the problem could be since I think I've pretty much eliminated the chances of it being software related with the reformat. Thanks.

edit: I also just got a weird shutdown message. It popped up randomly and said windows had to shutdown because the process NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM was ended or something to that extent. Anyone know what that's all about?

in sounds to me that your computer is going to into sleep mode. check your BIOS power settings.

Also could you give a link to the old thread just to read over what has bin tried.

winterfreshpwnz said:
Nope, I have it so that it will never go into standby. Would flashing the BIOS be an option?

Don't ever flash your bios unless a tech at the maker of the mother board tell you to do so. If you screw it up you're SOL. You need to go to the mobo makers site and search it carefully. The faq's are a big help as is the thech support. Do all you can first before you even entertain the idea of flashing the bios.
And is your XP a "copy"? Did you install the motherboard drivers off the cd that came with the board? XP home and pro is not up with the latest drivers.

Not sure what you mean by copy, but my XP is bought, not pirated, it's Home Edition. And I think I have done all I can, I'm out of ideas, I don't even know for sure it's the monitor's problem, that could just be a side effect of the big picture.

Leadtek 6600 GT OC'ed to 550/1120

Hmm Just happened to see this. It might be your vid card has become unstable due to the overclocking. Try resetting the vid card
to its default settings.

Back
Top Bottom