Just ordered a raptor....

deepthroat

In Runtime
I just ordered the rest of my hardware for my new rig and I included a WD Raptor 10,000 RPM hard drive w/8MB buffer.It is a little small, only 36 gigs but if I need more space Ill buy a second 500 gig Hitachi.(I do not want to run RAID striped because of reliability issues, if one fails you're screwed)

As far as spindle speed and buffer, I'm set for short loads.
What do you guys think as far as performance on this drive?

It's incredible. Of course, I would take the 500gb hitachi deskstar anyday but it's still a great drive.

It's actually a five line maximum. And what a lot of people like to do is put the OS and programs on the 10K drive and use the bigger slower one for storage. Makes sense for much faster loading and everything.

Sorry about my sig, I'll change it right after this post.
I was going to get a much bigger Hitachi, but like I said I'll add more(I have 2 HDD cages with support for 3 HDD's each.I always think ahead, IMO it's better to have the fastest HDD for your OS and games, then add more as you need the space!

It makes sense to me, and the Raptor is definitely a no-brainer hardware decision.It sure beats my old 7200 and 5400 RPM HDD's LOL!

I still have to get a nice HS/Fan for my AMD 64 4000+, I don't mind spending up to $100 on it.
My main three that I narrowed down are:Scythe Ninja, coolermaster Hyper 6+, or the Zalman CNPS 9500 led. I heard the Zalman is really nice, what would you guys recommend for the best HS&F,
performance-wise?

Back
Top Bottom