ATI vs nVidia

If you get the 7800GTX, you won't even need to put them in SLi knowing that they're pretty fast already. But with that video card, you can expect to pay $500+ dollars on it. It depends on how serious you are at gaming. If you are one of those hard core gamers who absolutey must have the best graphics and constantly adjusting the settings to max on every game because you're a detail freak, then an SLi board will be good. Otherwise, a regular PCI-e motherboard with a 6600GT, 6800GT, or even a 7800GTX would be good enough.

Well I am no hard core gamer... but if I am going to SLI a card that is 6800gt I may as well spend less money (if you know what I mean) and get the 7800gtx. So if I were just to get a 6800GT with an SLI mobo....and in the future if I want to get another? Or would one 7800GTX just be better ? Wow I am confused.

Fisher said:
how good are DFi when it comes to motherboards? i ve never really heard of them before

The DFI LanParty nF4 motherboards are the best in the market when it comes to overclocking.

EricM said:
Might I add I am relatively new to all of this... and I dont want to spend like 600 dollars on a video card.... And I thought I saw a Dfi Crossfire mobo here.... http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=16281&vpn=LP-UT-RDX200-CF-DR&manufacture=DFI
And could someone explain why GT is better? Ya I know it has something to do with better chipset. And would 2 256mb cards on SLI or one good 512mb card be better?

The 6800 GT is way better than the 6800 Ultra. Both the GT and Ultra have 16 pipelines, 6 vertex shaders and 256mb RAM (although the 6800 Ultra has a 512mb variant). The GT is basically a under-clocked Ultra. Therefore you could easily overclock a GT to or past Ultra speeds for almost $50 or more cheaper. And the Ultra's can't overclock much higher because the stock speeds are already at the architecture's limits.

many of the people that buy 6800Ultras flash it to the 6800GT BIOS and use the 1.4v BIOS because the RAM timings on the GT are much tighter than the Ultras.

1337DuD3 said:
Well hwo the hell can I post them if I don't know how to get them? Huh smart ass answer that one...oh let me guess what your answer will be. Research it! Bah you're a predictable pompuss ass...

Wow... let's cool it here. It's all good. Name-calling will get us nowhere. This is a mature forum, not some place where we act like little 8 year olds and call each other names. I have to admit, ownage was a little rude and what not, but that doesn't mean you have to screw up like this... man.... by the way, that statement above with the ".oh let me guess what your answer will be. Research it! Bah you're a predictable pompuss ass..." is a logical fallacy, begging the question to be exact. So that sentence is illogical but whatever. Please act like a mature person. This forum is for people who want to come and learn, so please do. But don't make it an unpleasant place at the same time. Thank you.

jac006 said:
Wow... let's cool it here. It's all good. Name-calling will get us nowhere. This is a mature forum, not some place where we act like little 8 year olds and call each other names. I have to admit, ownage was a little rude and what not, but that doesn't mean you have to screw up like this... man.... by the way, that statement above with the ".oh let me guess what your answer will be. Research it! Bah you're a predictable pompuss ass..." is a logical fallacy, begging the question to be exact. So that sentence is illogical but whatever. Please act like a mature person. This forum is for people who want to come and learn, so please do. But don't make it an unpleasant place at the same time. Thank you.

Incase you failed to notice, I WAS trying to learn, but oh no, mister smarty pants has to go and be a jackass about eveything. All I asked was a simple question. You know, seeing as how that kind of is the purpose the forum, ask questions, get answers. Crap if I knew it was, ask questions get a jackass I wouldn't have signed up...

Aside from that.

The 7800GTX is suppossedly having a recall. Wow. Such a great card yet it needs a recal. Hmmm....

Nothing in this world is perfect. It's good to get it right the first time, but hey, sometimes things go differently.

Ownage isn't a jackass. I know him, he goes to the same school as me, he's just kinda wacko like that...and now he's kinda like Vinson (one of my friends)...

hey, screw this, i'm getting an xbox360, you guys are making it so difficult for me to choose a vcard for my next gen computer.. AND DONT EVEN START ABOUT GET A PS3 INSTEAD OF XBOX360 FORUM! Im GETTING BOTH, so sick of trying to compare whats better in video cards :p

Back
Top Bottom