Zone Alarm Firewall Question.

NLAlston1

Baseband Member
After reading the thread started by Arrizx (on Firewalls) I decided to take a look-see at Zone Alarm. I downloaded,installed it on my computer, and thought that I was good-to-go. I don't know what happened, but it was working fine (for a moment) - then it shut down my ability to log-in to the internet (I have Adelphia Broadband). I had to disable the firewall altogether (losing protection) in order to get on. No matter what I tried, ZA would NOT allow my entrance there. I have since uninstalled it, but would really like to have it on my computer. Could anyone offer any input as to what might have been the problem with the above?

I just joined the Zone Alarm Forum, but was not able to post anything there. The appropriate button would not activate a message window for me to express my problem - which is why I have come here.

Thanks in advance.

might have something to do with "Trusted Zones" settings in Zone Alarm. Check out Zone Alarm FAQ's about Trusted Zones and see if that is why you're restricted from accessing the internet.

In ZoneAlarm, go to Program Control > Programs, and make sure the Generic Host Process and your browser have ticks next to them.

Yeah, you just have to go into the settings and look around. Change the settings from "lock" to not, or change the settings from high to medium and so forth.

Thanks to everyone for responding. I had indeed fooled around with some settings (alternating from the locked to the 'unlocked' position, and lowering the security settings), but the only thing that worked for me was in shutting down the program altogether. I will, however, try Acphemon's suggestion (after re-installing the program) and see how that pans out for me. Zone Alarm appears to be a VERY capable Firewalling program, and I can't believe that it is free. If everything proves to travel smoothly, behind this matter, I will very seriously consider purchasing the full-blown version (Suite, in fact, if it comes like that).

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom