firewalls...

arrizx said:
outta those ones which is the best. or should i just use all of them?

I've never heard about Outpost firewall. But the other 3 are good, I'd stick with zonealarm.

zone alarm is probably the best their and your safest bet. it has a good reputation, ive never had any problems with it, and if you ask anyone on here, they really dont have any big problems with it. with norton firewall and all those other paid for firewalls are good too, but why pay when you can get one for free that does an equally good job, if nto better?

Computer Genuis said:
Zone Alarm is rubbish, rubbish Interface!

What are you talking about? Why dont you like it? Have you ever used it? It has one of the cleanest interfaces you could possibly ask for. Not really usre what your talking about. whereas when dyserq says norton is rubbish thats a pretty commonly known remark, so thts different.

i just tried the Kerio firewall and everything looked good and then i my CPU shot up and then i got the blue screen of death dumped all my physical memory and then i had to reboot and remove it and reboot again.

<edit> i think ill stick with the zone alarm one.

Computer Genius said:
Well i downloaded it configured it correctly and i couldn't use messanger or Skype!

well i could use aim, but msn wouldnt work...neither would firefox

thats nice to know. If your willing to give zonealarm another shot, it probably asked you for permission for those things to use the internet and you denied. If you open zone alarm, and you cant use a program, hit the tab that says program controll, then make sure its allowing those programs. Pretty simple :d

Back
Top Bottom