How hot is your GPU?

i like Thermalright, or the Scythe ninja, heheh, pair it with a 3-blade delta or a 220CFM delta and your gonna get a nice cool cpu.

My GPU core at idle now is at 53 degrees Celsius and the ambient temp at 46 degrees celsius with OC and stock cooling. I guess it's ok. Just when playing games, they jump through the roof which is fun to watch. I was playing FEAR MP again and saw it peak at 95 degrees celsius, but as soon as I switched to the Nvidia temp display, the temperature drops down immediately. Quite fast. Next thing you know, you're at your normal temps again. THat's a good test to see if your cooling fans and heatsinks are working too if the temps drop that rapidly.

Idle temp is about 38C.

But the max that vid cards can take is something like 120C so 90C is not dangerous. I'll look at my temp when playing the addicting fear mp demo later today and then post back. And in the dm and tdm games the particle cannon is in the same room as the armor and 3 of those remote bombs. Inside the building, upstairs.

I don't think I've been up there yet. I swear I've been to every room though. It's the factory right? I know there's a room where there are two extra grenades you can pick up. It has a computer in there. Do you mean the big open room where there is a flight of stairs that leads to a walkway? I know there's some wooden boxes or crates in the corner where people like to hide and there is extra armor there (I think they're armor).

How do you enable the health packs that you pick up? I have like 6 at one time but don't know how to use them.

I have a 9800Pro 128mb model by Sapphire, and it can't overclock for toffee... the heatsink is so...er...small and unpowerful.

So if I got this cooler, would it do any better? Or wouldn't I still be able to get anywhere with it?

I mean, I like the card. Its rather powerful, and does play what I want it to play at rather high settings, but its a shame I can't overclock it much.

I don't know how hot it gets though. The XT model comes with a temperature sensor and auto overclocking tool, but I got the PRO for money reasons.
It probably gets up to 70 or something though, as it seems hot when you put your hand close to it, so its radiating heat rather alot even when not running games.

TRDCorolla said:
I don't think I've been up there yet. I swear I've been to every room though. It's the factory right? I know there's a room where there are two extra grenades you can pick up. It has a computer in there. Do you mean the big open room where there is a flight of stairs that leads to a walkway? I know there's some wooden boxes or crates in the corner where people like to hide and there is extra armor there (I think they're armor).

How do you enable the health packs that you pick up? I have like 6 at one time but don't know how to use them.

It must be the factory since that is the only map in TDM. :)
It's not the room with the 2 granades. Try to find it like this. Might sound weird but try and follow the instructions.
1. Go outside.
2. Then u will see 3 points from where to enter the building. A) The left one being some open doors. B) The middle one being under the "bridge", kind of like a tunnel. C) Then the right one is a small door, and stairs infront of it. Take C.
3. If u managed to get to the right door with my weird and probably extremely unusefull instructions there should be a door to the right.
4. Go through that door and follow the hallway u are in. No doors so u can't go to the wrong direction in here.
5. Then when u come to a room (quite a big one) turn right just after the door. Run forward, u should be facing a wall now. Then when u hit the wall turn 90 dercrees (sp?) to the left. And then u should see it. A lovely particle cannon just lying on a box waiting to be used. :)

Though it might not be there on all of the servers, some might have taken it off because some ppl don't like that weapon.

And for the med packs atleast I have "z" as the button. But u can change it from the options.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom