ATI vs nVidia

EricM

Daemon Poster
I am currently planning out a new PC and I want some help with video cards. Which chipset is better? And what about SLI and Crossfire? Should i get a mobo with SLI or wait for Crossfire? Which is better?

The ATI CrossFire motherboards overclock like crazy. They're only a tad bit below the DFI LanParty nF4 series. And those were reference boards too (not retail ones, just ones for testing).

Bah go with ATI. Much better. The Radeon X850XT Plantinum Edition is so much better then that stupid 7800GTX.

Crazy nVidia people...

You obviously don't know what the hell you're talking about...

Sure, ATI has the most powerful AGP card (the X850XT Platinum Edition), but when it comes to PCI-E and overall, it gets owned by the 7800 GTX's 24 pixel pipelines and 8 vertex shaders...

ATI is releasing the X1800 in a couple of days and it sucks. ATI has screwed themselves over. The X1800 carries 16 pixel pipelines, 6 vertex shaders and 256mb of GDDR3 RAM. It runs at 600mhz core and 700mhz memory. It's a speed demon when it comes to brute speed, but without 24 pipelines, it's over. ATI has lost this round, and I hope to god that they don't screw the R580 over like they did with the X1800 (R520).

Back
Top Bottom