Zen sleek

alvino said:
For price to storage space, the Nano isn't worth it. The Nano is 4gb and it's $250, the 20gb iPod is $300. It's only $50 more and you have 5 times the space. But then again, Solid State Storage is more expensive...

All I'm concerned about is the fact that it's so easy to break it...it's like, "SNAP!"

You think it's easy to break?

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/nano.ars/3

As for the price, I think the super sexy design and size are worth it. It's too bad it's made by Apple.

hehe, thats kewl, and it doesn't seem breakable at all!!!...To what normal people would do with it from normal use anyway. Not bad!

So theres 2gig and 4gig versions, and its solid state memory, which also isn't bad, and this also helps the undestructable part of it.
Plus, this is what I guess makes it really thin.

I mean, I was so surprised at the thickness of it though when seeing the add on TV. Its soo slim.
I'm surprised it could have had a colour screen, and hold tracks at the same time!

Its still an Apple to me (though they seem to be getting better), and the memory is not enough for me. Though, still, its a very good improvement, and a step in the right direction.

When solid state gets less expensive, but larger space. I think we'll see music players like this solid state all the time, and had drives might stop being used. At least for maybe 20gig models.

Anyone know how long the battery lasts approximatley from normal use?

Hehe.
Hard drive MP3 players would have died long before that...

Solid state memory players like that tend to take some bashing, no problem. That one seemed like it was going "come on...give me some more bashing" lol.

Solid state lasts longer because it has no moving parts. Hard drives do, and they can only take so much. Some flash players last longer.

Exactly :p I think solid state is the future for MP3 players, though they need to find a cheaper way of manufacturing the parts, and also, an effective method of giving them more space.

Back
Top Bottom