AMD or Intel

Here we go, zealotry again.

Dear oh dear, stick to what you like and what you're used to.

I've been an Intel gamer for years and saw absolutely no difference on an AMD64 with the same hardware. So there you go.

Not nescessarily...

I've seen some lag up like crazy and some run like a bullet train. Architecture wise, the Prescott core sucks. The Northwoods and Gallatins were the ownage.

You might not notice any difference in the games you play, Mr. Zealot, but benchmarks show that those playing games which demand the best hardware, would be a lot better using an AMD CPU. The very high-end (and over-priced) Intel chips beat the lower Athlon 64's and Semprons (much cheaper), but not by much, and the price difference just doesn't really justify paying a lot more for a CPU sucking your PSU dry and putting up energy bills and waste.

acphenom said:
You might not notice any difference in the games you play, Mr. Zealot, but benchmarks show that those playing games which demand the best hardware, would be a lot better using an AMD CPU. The very high-end (and over-priced) Intel chips beat the lower Athlon 64's and Semprons (much cheaper), but not by much, and the price difference just doesn't really justify paying a lot more for a CPU sucking your PSU dry and putting up energy bills and waste.

Actually, only the Prescotts suck your PSU dry. The Northwoods and Gallatins don't. The Semprons aren't so great. I prefer the Athlon XP's better. Wait for the Conroe, Yonah and Merom to come out, then you'll be using less than the Athlon 64's (The Yonah's 0.5w average kills the Turion's 2xw). :D

i would get sempron over athlon XP but it HAS TO BE A REVISION E6 sempron...(overclock heaven) :D

Pff, other than those, the rest suck. Athlon 64 3000+ or 3200+ are so cheap now that it's great for budget use, and they own the Sempron.

VIA's C7-M's 0.1W idle kills Pentium M's 0.5. :p

No, but damn, 0.5 is good.

Anyway, don't matter about the old cores, cause all the...'mainstream' P4's and PD's are the ones which most people will buy.

And alvino, I've seen the Sempron 3400+ beat Venice 3000 in many tasks, and they come close to 3200, so they aren't exactly owned. Of course, memory bandwidth is a different story...

Whatever, the 3400+ might as well be called the "Athlon 64 Junior". The rest are owned.

VIA is known for extremely low power processors, so why am I not suprised? o_O

Back
Top Bottom