anti virus

Well in my opinion norton is not even near to the best.
I made a mistake using norton a few years back, I had to reformat so often. It found the virus, usually, but couldn't delete it. I had to do it manually. And well it only gives u one file that the virus has infected so if there is more then they are left there. Also for some viruses it requires u to download a remover from the website, this would be fine with me if the remover could find the virus. My norton found it and told me to download that remover to get rid of the virus, but the remover didn't even find it.

Absolutely true !
Norton is total rubbish ! I hate it lol !
Call me paranoid but its just my opinion, hardly worth it at all, i've been avoiding all the Systematic products and i have been for a long time, and i will continue to unless they improve their standards
I just use the free ones, if you have a good combination of firewalls, antispyware and antivirus then your computer will stay happy ...
Like for firewall, you can get zonealarm, for free, antispyware, you could get ad aware, spybot s&d and microsoft antispyware, for free and antivirus, avg, for free ...

F-Secure and Kaspersky offer the best protection, but they can drain system resources quite a bit; not as much as Norton or McAfee though.

Norton and McAfee are a waste of money.

If you wanna open your wallet, go for PC-Cillin, F-Secure or Kaspersky.

PC-Cillin offers reliable protection with super-fast scanning and is great value.

Reknaw133 said:
Huh?

My favortite is Mcaffe, it's fair cheap.

Or Zone Alarm, I think it's still free.

Zone Alarm isn't a Anti Virus, it is a firewall which works with your antivirus, it is recommended you have Anti-Virus aswell!
Yes Zone Alarm is Free and Horriable installed it and uninstalled it with in 5 minutes!

Ok what are you talkin about?

ZoneAlarm Pro has an anti-virus its just pay only. I used it for 2 years no viruses.

Also the free version of zonealarm...it is free and its not horrible at all. I know a bunch of people who use it not to mention I've used it for the past 1.5 years. What are you? Some person who uses Windows Firewall? Because that does nothing.

Hmmm, my name is quite similar to yours. :p

McAfee
Small memory footprint
Small drive footprint
Updates frequently
Realtime protection
Programable scanning
Where you want me to stop?
Norton on the other hand gets in to every thing on your system. It's slow, clunky, and is a bear to get back off your system. Kinda like AOL.

I'm currently testing AVG and so far I get the feeling it was written by an ex Norton employee. The user interface needs to be done over. It's not real friendly.

ZoneAlarm is thee best firewall out there. I tried Kerio, but it took up too much system resources. I tried Sygate, but i hate the interface and it doesn't really take up any less resources than ZoneAlarm.

So i went back to good ol' ZoneAlarm. Easy to configure and use.

Tell me about it. I'm playing in a middle of a game and the darn antivirus kicks in, minimized my game screen and thee's the yellow NAV program doing it's stuff. Same thing happens with my antispyware program too. Then when you try to open the gaming window again, it lags a bit.

Back
Top Bottom