Installing Linux

k... a couple things..noobies first of all right here, but first does it actually tel you how to install it?cuz well i cant figure any of it out.and its confusing i dont know which one. i got a 2500+sempron 64 bit and i have nothing on the hdd and i only want linux and i want a noobish one like redhat i hear is good. and wen i go to ther installation guides it says i have to something with images i just get lost so if you can point me in the direction of the most noobie friendly how to install and which one to install...thanx

Try Fedora Core 4. It's the latest. After Red Hat 9, Red Hat split it's product line into the Fedora Core and Red Hat Enterprise Linux range. Fedora Core is used as a technology test bed for Enterprise Linux.

ha... k so i got no prob with federo 4 i was looking into that one too, but can somone tell me exacly wat i have to go to get it. Do i just dl a file and then put it onto my empty hard drive in a floppy?

sorry forgot to mention that i have a cd burner too

http://fedora.redhat.com/download/

You can either get it from the mirror nearest to you or from the torrent.

You cannot burn a cd image in a normal "copy-and-paste" way. I'm not familiar with cd burning in Windows but you have to use a "Burn CD/Disc image" option in the software or something like that.

Yep, you'll download it in the form of an ISO image and you'll need to use a program like Nero and then select the Burn Image CD option, its not the normal data disc ... i used CDBurnerXP Pro, but Nero will do just fine
By the way, if your using a 32 bit processor such as Pentium or the Athlon, you'll need to download the i386 version and also check the SHA1 sums to make sure that the file isn't corrupted, you'll find it all on the fedora core website

Haha, sadly LK...I'm starting to side with you about Microsoft better than Linux. But I will NEVER go Intel over AMD. You got me on one agreement but never the second!

Back
Top Bottom