USB stick not working =(

Natalya1

Daemon Poster
guys.. i dont know what has happened here but it seems as though my usb memory stick doesnt like my computer anymore. =(

before when i used to plug it in, it would detect it and work like a charm, but NOW!!! now it just wont detect it, i installed the drivers that came on the cd with the thing, even went to the site and still it wont work at all!

so i plugged in my camera into like the place where i would normally plug in the memory stick and it detected it.. and worked perfectly...WHY WONT MY USB WORK?!?!?! it works on the downstairs computer, it just hates this computer! could it be a setting that has been changed or something?!

please help me =S

natalya

Check the drive letter asigned to it. Can be changed in control panel/admin tools/computer managment/disk management. Could it be conflicting with any other USB devices like your digital camera (ie, using the same network drive)?

Assuming you have a network setup.

Try Pluging It In, Then Going To Device Manager And Uninstalling It. Then Try Re Installing With The Correct Drivers.
Woz

ok i got it working again, turned out to be a conflicting drive letter like you thought TRDCorolla, dont know how the hell it could have happened though cause i didnt change this and it was working fine before!

anyways, what matters is it is fixed!!

THANKYOU!

That's a relief. Glad to hear it's working fine now. I don't know what I would do without my USB drive. I'm hooked on that little thing.

Back
Top Bottom