disconnecting

mikee

Fully Optimized
My dialup internet just keeps dropping and reconnecting randomly it isn't set to disconnect at any time. why is this happening.

i had this exact same problem before going to broad band. the guy at our local computer shop said to phone our telephone provider and tell them to turn up the gain. i believe the problem is caused by other people having broadband on the same telephone line and it steels all the power.

another thing is checking the wire to see if it's knotted, or if anythings lying on it. when i had dial up, it used to disconnect when someone trod on the wire.

Nothing else is ever using the line because we have 1 line for phone and another dedicated to just the internet.

Are you talking about the wire comming out of the computer and into the phone line?

You know how it always dial a number out to log you on to the Net? You can modify the telephone numbers dialing out to different phone numbers. Check to see if that helps. Make sure it's a local number to you so you won't get charged for long distance.

Back
Top Bottom