My X2 4400 is slow!!!

Hmm, that could be it.

Most drives now run at 7200RPM. If your 4 year old one runs at 5200RPM for example, this could be the reason.

HARD DRIVE QUESTION:

Though yours is 200GB? It can't be that old then....and so probably does run at 7200RPM...

If this isn't the one your running on though, it could be the answer.

I'd also look into getting a BIOS update though I'm afraid that isn't my expertise.

I have 2 HD's, the 200 WD one is for media, just mp3z and videos etc, my 80 GB is a seagate(4 years old) and is the one I benchmarked. It has my operating system and program files.

well does having two sticks of ram slow down? like if i were to have two 512s instead of 1gig because isnt mroe sticks like more wire to pass thoru to make it slow? and also most peope who use that have like 1.5 or 2

Feircepc said:
well does having two sticks of ram slow down? like if i were to have two 512s instead of 1gig because isnt mroe sticks like more wire to pass thoru to make it slow? and also most peope who use that have like 1.5 or 2

No. Having 2x 512 is faster than 1x 1024.

Well just because it's dual-core doesn't mean you can have a whole ton of windows open and expect it to run at max. It's just more efficient than single-core.

Back
Top Bottom