Vista

Wtf ... Windows Vista will almost certainly have a 32 bit type ! Most of the current computers run on 32 bits so it would be a extremely big gamble if Microsoft were to only release a 64 bit version, and anyways, it has been released as a BETA and available on i386 platforms which runs on 32 bit processors

Kage said:
From those pictures, not much has changed then :(

I hope for one thing that desktop at the back isn't just a plain jpg?... *dissapointed*

Anyhow, I'd expect more effects, etc to be going on, especially since it is now a 3D interface.

i think what windows is doing is putting optional little widgets in. If you look at one of the screenshots you see a news widget reporting the news, a clock, and a calendar. Im sure theres like a gajillion more they have that you could optionally turn on. And I'm sure as always it will come with more then a few nice bg's. Hopefully some really 3d ones. I have faith in microsoft :D. Besides, they did add quite a big number of features, even with the cuts they made.

Yeah, lets hope so. I do have faith in Microsoft too, as without Windows, alot wouldn't have been possible.

As long as it has loads of effects and open possiblities like moving backgrounds unlike gifs for example, and doing thnigs like that.

i think, they'll only need a little bit extra to make it blow the roof off of other Windows. The fact people at the moment would want to keep XP, shows that also at the moment, it isn't doing what its meant to.

I'll tell something:

The most viewable change in animations are the windows. They open by zooming and fading and closes by dezooming and fading

Yeah, I like the sound of that :D That reminds me of the MAC animation though, where the window gets pulled into the tray and stretched.

Does this mean that effect couldn't have been done on earlier Windows without the Direct 3D function?
Has MACOS's been using a 3D technology for a while then?

It could...but the system requirements would have been too high to run it...But all of Windows OS starting by Win98 have animations

No, i mean proper, more detailed animations.
Not just the slight Window resizing we get now.

that's what I meant too...

Vista is a good OS...although...it's messy when you want to open a file from a program

I can post some pics is you want

I'd want the entire desktop to be changable, and just loads of silly options that would make it like a power house of ideas.

Remeber it is only a Beta though, and alot is to change, so problems like that can be fixed easily probably.

Well there are pictures above, but the ones I could see didn't really look that different to the desktop's of now. Just a bit more transparency here and there.
Any images of effects, and things like that?
Plus are themes included in the Beta version? I don't really like that black look.

Oh, anyone know when that new file system is coming out too, which was suggested to be available as part of the Viesta release, to make documenting easier, etc? I remember hearing about it being delayed, and of it not being on the first version, and so would be on an update sometime in the future?

All these pitures look authentic exept for the last. The windows can't move like that...not my build

The file system is WinFS i think

Back
Top Bottom