AMD or Intel

I'm happy with Intel, I've always used them, I trust them, but it seems Intel users are treated like noobs and losers around here.

Geez... ok... I'll say it again...
For labtops, it's the Pent. M. Until I see benchmark's on the Turion, I'll put my money anyday on pentium's M. Trust me... I'm a hardcore amd fan, but for good battery life, good performance for a labtop, the pent. M is awesome. The turion has 64bit support, but it's not matched up yet. For desktops, amd absolutely owns. No doubt about it. Amd's on die controller puts it ahead in gaming and it destroy's intel. AS for ownage's comment on the pent. M beating the fx-57 if you overclocked it... um, until I see the becnhmark's, I would have to disagree. The fx-57 has 64-bit support, and would own in apps for that purpose. The pent. M is mobile, although some small form factor pc's use them, it is almost always seen on labtops. The fx-57 is a desktop cpu. You can always have more memory, hd space, etc. on a desktop. Also video performance is incredibly deminshed on the labtop. The best you can have is the x800 or 6800ultra on labtops, but you can have sli (dual 7800gtx's) that can and will destroy anything ever done by a labtop. Labtops and desktop cpu's can't really be compared, unless, that is, you have the benchmark's to back it all up. Thank you.

uhhh okay.....wait till the yonah comes out....65nm and an extremely low power comsumption. okay...i win.

acphenom said:
Hell no. Turion owns Pentium M. Ok, Pentium M slightly beats it in battery life, but Turion wins in performance and the fact that it's much cheaper means that Turion wins in my book.

Anyway, no point comparing an FX-57 to anything. You want performance, get an X2. Unless you game and have VERY deep pockets, i don't think it's worth getting any FX. There are cheaper San Diegos which I'm sure, don't damage gaming performance much.

The only thing that Turion is superior in, is the fact that it's 64-bit and it uses slightly less power then the Pentium M. The Pentium M's archtecture is just like AMD's concept of more processes per clock with the benefit of low power. The Turion isn't as fast either, yet both are similar in architecture. Actually, if you get the Pentium M and use ASUS's Pentium M converter for desktop motherboards, you can overclock it WAY high (the exact ghz won't be the same, because of the differing architectures).

Keep in mind, the key to Intel's defeat is in mobile, not desktop. The Pentium M still reigns that castle. When Intel releases the Yonah, it'll be over. Dual-core and uses 0.5w of power. For all you Intel nay-sayers, the Yonah won't be just two cores slapped together and use some inefficient logics controller. It's Intel's first core designed from scratch ever since they developed NetBurst in 2000.

acphenom said:
All i know is Intel CPU's consume way too much power, so I have absolute faith in AMD chips.

*SIGH* The brainwashed mind of another Intel nay-sayer. Not all Intel cores use alot of power. Just because the Prescott aka "El Crappo", used over 100w average doesn't label all of Intel's previous cores the same. The Northwood and Gallatin were awesome. They owned and overclocked really well (and they didn't use as much energy nor produced lots of heat either).

I have faith in AMD too, but I'm not as narrow minded as to say that all Intel CPU's are the same crap.

Ok, your hoping to play latest online games and you have to choose between 2 chips,
AMD 3000+ 1.60GHz
or..
Intel(R) Celeron(R) 3.0GHz

What would you choose ?

Ah, VIA chips are fine. I can browse the web with Firefox, and play a video in Winamp at the same time, with no performance drop.

And i accept that i wasn't specific enough before; Intel DESKTOP CPU's consume too much power. But the mobile chips are impressive. Pentium M, Pentium M LV, Pentium M ULV; they're all awesome chips.

But when VIA C7-M comes out, it'll be the best CPU for mobile computing imo. The security features, the small size, the power-saving capabilities; it looks amazing. It also supports DDR2.

Of course, if you are running XP, with all visual effects enabled, all services running, Norton Internet Security 2005, ZoneAlarm, SpySweeper, unnecessary tools running in the background, then it's gonna slow you down a lot.

But i know how to optimize XP, i get by fine with my C3 Nehemiah 1.2GHz. Would be nice to have a C7-M though, of course.

John508 said:
Ok, your hoping to play latest online games and you have to choose between 2 chips,
AMD 3000+ 1.60GHz
or..
Intel(R) Celeron(R) 3.0GHz

What would you choose ?

who said the 3000+ is 1.6GHz? and we are talking about mobile computing not desktops. its obvious that AMD is leading in the desktop platform.

Back
Top Bottom