computers so trashed that system recovery wont work

schrader505

Beta member
I have an issue i hope you all can assist me with. I wasnt carefull with my computer and it got trashed by viruses/spyware. it was to the point where i couldnt even run a spyware scan so i decided to use HP's system recovery option. bad idea. i ran it got threough everything fine, got past the screen where it is asking things like computer name, how i access the net, what time zone im in. then it got to a black screen with an HP logo that said "please wait", so i waited after about twenty minutes i rebooted and had to redo the sytem recovery. I did and once again ggot to this screen, i figured id give it a little more time. I went to school and 8 hours later i came back to find it on the same screen when i turned the monitor back on. I really need help, i know one of you out there has the answer so please speak up!

Thanks a million,
sam

boot in safe mode if you can and do spyware checks. i reccomend hijack this and adaware, spybot s&d, avg, some sort of disk cleaner and that will do for now. :D

Well, that isn't really an option considering his computer has been restored (almost).

Is the hardware in your computer any different than when you first got it? This could be causing an issue with the restore program. Also, check your BIOS options to make sure everything's right.

yep go into bios and default all settings, then delete the partition that has the OS that got destroyed.

then create a new partition and format it, then just re-install the OS. Make shure that the partiton is in NTFS format.

This the most reliable format for this operating system, after it is installed, restart the computer and go into safemode.

once there do a de-frag of the hhd , it won't take that long to do cause nothing is hardly running.

once that's done your hhd and OS should be set to go, and make shure you have a good anti-virus on your hhd.

also it makes sence to put at least two good anti-spyware programs on there too, such as:
Spybot search & destroy / and for anti-virus check out this thread >>here

Back
Top Bottom