Next generation CPU's

gerardo8888

Beta member
Im doing a project for school and my topic is Next generation CPUS. What do they have new? who is doing them? Please if someone has articles or some info please post it! is going to really help me. !

Dual cores. amd and intel. check out www.amd.com and wwwintel.com for all info on their dual cores. If you want to go even further, check out opteron's, as in dual cores (still), but where you can fit 2 dual cores, so 4 cpu's, on comp. that's next generation all right.

AMD is going to be unveiling their quad cores soon, too. They're also introducing a new socket type, the M2 I believe, that will replace 754 and 939/940. Intel is working on a better 64-bit processor, too. There are a lot of new developments on the horizon, just do some searching on Google.

Yeah check out dual cores, quad cores, 64-bit technology, that's somewhat new.

Also, check out PCI-E and how it affects CPU performance.

Dual-cores, Quad-cores, 65nm fabrication process, 64-bit processing...technology is growing at an insane rate...

Intel is making real progress...their new cores are Conroe (the successor to the Prescott core), Woodcrest (the server version of the Conroe), Merom (the mobile version). Last, but not least, is the Yonah. It's dual-core and single cored, and is the next-generation of Pentium M line of processors. It's going to be awesome. All of these processors will most likely be 65nm and the Yonah and Merom will consume about 0.5w of power. Now that is awesome. :D

Hehe, Computer Technology will just keep growing.

Did I see the word Quad-Core correctly?... i thought we were only just getting Dual Cores... :eek:

Kage said:
Hehe, Computer Technology will just keep growing.

Did I see the word Quad-Core correctly?... i thought we were only just getting Dual Cores... :eek:

I heard that intel is making a quad-core processor, don't know about amd.

Wow, kewl. Thanks Spank_fusion :)

Does this mean on the motherboard, you'll need 4 spaces for CPU's? or is this Dual Core/Quad core built into the size of one processor?

Back
Top Bottom