AMD or Intel

AMD all the way, intel is good and all but i still prefer amd to intel: you know what they say..

Amd >>> for gaming
Intel >>> for multi-tasking

I beg to differ, mr mixx.

imho, for desktop PC's...

Gaming = Athlon 64/FX
Multi-Tasking = Athlon 64 X2

And for notebooks...

Gaming = Turion 64/Pentium M
Multi-Tasking = Turion 64/Pentium

Turion and Pentium M are so evenly matched, and with no real multi-tasking-optimized mobile CPU's, basically...just get a Turion or a Pentium M.

i still would rather have a turion 64........even if they are evely matched, amd is not even when it comes to gaming its better than the M, NO MATTER WHAT!!

I just bought an Intel Pentium 4 30.0GHz processor for gaming, it was my dad that chose all the parts as he is building it for me, can i have your views on if it will be good for gaming?

okay...1st, pentium M's are the best mobile cpu around. Trust me on that. if you put a pentium M in a desktop and oc it...to the right speeds, it will beat an FX-57. okay i win.

ownage said:
okay...1st, pentium M's are the best mobile cpu around. Trust me on that. if you put a pentium M in a desktop and oc it...to the right speeds, it will beat an FX-57. okay i win.

That's true - the Turion sucks compared to the Pentium M.

People say:

Desktop -> Get AMD
Notebook -> Get Intel.

Hell no. Turion owns Pentium M. Ok, Pentium M slightly beats it in battery life, but Turion wins in performance and the fact that it's much cheaper means that Turion wins in my book.

Anyway, no point comparing an FX-57 to anything. You want performance, get an X2. Unless you game and have VERY deep pockets, i don't think it's worth getting any FX. There are cheaper San Diegos which I'm sure, don't damage gaming performance much.

Back
Top Bottom