powercolor 9250

feh1325

Solid State Member
i'm kind of a noob at computer forums and computer themselves but i lyk gaming

so i got this comp, its pretty bad, IBM thinkcentre and has only one pci slot

so i got an powercolor 9250 256mb pci card and having a hard time installing it

i am currently using intel xtremely craphics 2, and is obviously integrated

i know that i'm supposed to be doing something in bios, but i'm not sure if i'm acutally getting in bios, i get something called

"IBM Setup Utility"

thnx

Whoa there buddy. YOu need to save up that money and get a new computer if you even want to THINK about gaming. I took me a good long while just to get Battlefield 2 to run.

But, seeing as how you already went out a purchased a video card and what not, I think it's only fair that we help you out!

So, once you see that IBM Setup Utility screen, jam on the Delete or F8 button. YOu should enter another screen, typically blue as all my BIOS screens have had blue in them. Then hit your arrow keys and select something that is relavent to your video card, (i.e display settings, video settings, etc) then select a term that also fits which slot your card is in, this case it would be PCI. So try to find a setting that has something to do with your PCI card, and if it just so happens to say Disables or some other relavent term, switch it to ENABLE or ACTIVATE or something similar to that.

But if your BIOS is all good to go, then come back to us and we'll help you out again!

pentium 4 that runs at 2.8 ghz
512 ram
some crap as cd drives
windows xp professional

and thnx to the 1337dud3, i'll try the delete or f8

How can you only have 1 PCI slot??? It can't be an IBM mobo. They'v always used 3 PCI slots and 1 AGP slot...

its a ssf comp

the serial number or watever is 8090-11u

and i tried to bios thing, its actually called "IBM BIOS setup utility" not "IBM setup utitility" lyk i said before

and i've poked around it and the closest thing i found was under hardware, video settings, and had the title of the intel graphics, an option of how much system memory would be used for it

but there is an option of wat video would be used the options were

pci, AGP (which there is none), and integrated

thnx again fer all yer help

feh1325 said:
its a ssf comp

the serial number or watever is 8090-11u

and i tried to bios thing, its actually called "IBM BIOS setup utility" not "IBM setup utitility" lyk i said before

and i've poked around it and the closest thing i found was under hardware, video settings, and had the title of the intel graphics, an option of how much system memory would be used for it

but there is an option of wat video would be used the options were

pci, AGP (which there is none), and integrated

thnx again fer all yer help

Select PCI for your Powercolor 9250 pci video card...

Back
Top Bottom