Memory?

merryperson

Beta member
I have used the Belarc Advisor to scan my computer to see the details of my system and comes up with the following results about my system
1.27 gigahertz AMD Duron
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
64 kilobyte secondary memory cache
480 Megabytes Installed Memory
Slot 'A0' is Empty
Slot 'A1' is Empty
Slot 'A2' is Empty

I wanted to increase the RAM of my system and both memory slots have been used.Can I remove one of the memory cards and replace it with a more powerful one but how do I know the buildup of the 480 mb of memory.The amount does not seem to fit the normal standard card ie 128mb,256mb etc
Therfore I do not know which slot to replace and how much more memory the system can use
Please advise as you can probably tell I have a novice at this

Many thanks

find out the name of your motherboard, then go to the home site and find out what memory it can take. you will be better getting two matching sticks of memory rather than mixing it.
woz

You can probably install 2x512MB RAM but as far as speed goes, you'll have to provide more info on what the motherboard can support in terms of memory speed and capacity.

Silly Question I know but the only info I have about my hard drive is that the board is a Micro Star international Co Ltd MS6367 PG 09/18/2002.
How do I gt any further information about this to answer the question about maximum memory
Help please

did a bit of resaerch and found this:
the MS-6367 supports 3 DDR DIMM up to a maximum configuration of 1.5 GB. The most mentionable feature is when using 2 DDR, with 128-bit TwinBank Architecture; the bandwidth accommodates 4.2GB/s, which is twice faster than regular DDR platform.
woz

Thanks for the help,does that mean I really need to but two cards the same or can I still upgrade and say buy one 512mb card or 1Gb card to add to the existing 256 mb card

Back
Top Bottom