A rather neat idea...

Opteronix said:
Where is his forum? Or did I miss something? Is it coded with vBulletin or PHP or, well, several others to choose from! HAAHHA!

http://www.computervitals.com/
If you look under the general tab, there is a section for politics ... i've just joined and inside is extremely good and from what i see, the rules are HEAVILY enforced so the place won't go out of control and into flame wars ... we'll have to get David's opinion on this though

Sounds like an interesting idea seti, we'll just see how it goes at yer site, and if it works out, then maybe dave will import the idea here.

i do have to say that it does make the best sence to keep it seperate from the rest of the forum in it's own seperate sub forum.

and the idea of having it's own mod just for that forum alone makes sence too.

interesting idea, but...
I don't like the idea of group only memberships, like you haveto apply to join a conversation, It'll only cause segrigation in the forum, and I think new people will be put off from joining in, so it'll just be the same tired old arguments all the time...

Ok update>>> Buzz changed it to a autojoin. All you have to do is signup and you're in.
It's not discriminating against any one. It just lets those that want to have a place to talk about touchy subjects and rant and rave have one. At the same time new and prospective members don't pop in to the social lounge and see a raging debate / flamefest going on. That will cause some guests and new memebers to turn around and go away. It's just a means to keeping a clean and neat apperance to the public.

Tell buzz that was a good idea to do that, when a debate goes on it can be touchy, so keeping it in it's own forum won't disrupt the rest of the forum like seti said.

Keep us up to date seti.

Back
Top Bottom