OK still have the same shutting down problem.

jollybluegiant

Baseband Member
OK for some reason my thread mysteriously vanished so im starting this new one. Heres the link to my last thread that was deleted http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?p=239376#post239376 . So im just thinking of just re-formating the hard drive. I dont want to because i got a lot of stuff to back-up, but if it has to be done, o well. this is it. ANY LAST SUGGESTIONS!!!!!!

Thanks for all the advice/help...good ideas all around. :D

ok so heres some new things...when it shuts down, i get the blue screen of death, only because i unchecked something, but a couple of the things is gives are:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA or on other re-boots it says...
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

dude, your computer's fried. I had the same problem. I think that used to be a problem with the older versions of Xp but again I'm not too sure. Eventually it will get to the point where the computer wont turn on. How long does it stay on after it crashes?

hmmmm

It depends, like if i go to this one site where i watch street videos, it will 90% of the time shut down within the first 10 minutes. Then sometimes it will last for hours. Lets just say it shuts down AT LEAST once a day. Then sometimes it will restart 4-5 times just trying to log on :mad: . SO is this a hardware problem? or software. If its software ill just format the hardrive and it will be over. If its hardware, ill find the necessary parts and fix it, then ill format the drive because its still a P.O.S. I just need to know which kind of problem it is.

I have this same problem, except it happens when I plug in anything to the USB port... Plus my CD drive doesn't read anything besides Audio CDs

jollybluegiant said:
ok so heres some new things...when it shuts down, i get the blue screen of death, only because i unchecked something, but a couple of the things is gives are:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA or on other re-boots it says...
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
try this link to micro$oft for the fix >>>
here for the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL part.

cool

thanks for that...now that im thinking, i went to www.drivers.com and found out that like 60% of the drivers that i have are either bad or just outdated. So i just need to update them. Only thing is that it costs $30 to do it :mad: any of you know a good site for free/safe/secure drivers?

i ent sure if this is the same problem that i had so can u tell me does a small box pop up tellin u that u hav only 60 seconds before your computer shuts down?????

Nope

no that i do not have. ive fixed other computers with that on it. i think its called the SASAR virus. but no i think i just need to get all updated drivers. If not that i'll reformat.

Back
Top Bottom