Driver Problem - please help

sorted

Baseband Member
Here is a screenshot showing the two drivers that seem to be missing..(the base system device and sm bus controller)

ScreenShot001.jpg

Here is a picture of my computer specs, hopefully this will show you what i need to fix my driver problem as i have no idea any more.

ScreenShot002.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated, ive had this problem for awhile now!

Hmm, I've never heard of those devices before.

Are you getting error messages that somethings not working?

You could try double clicking that question mark though and trying to select to install a driver, and to automatically find one. Also put your motherboard CD in, and tell it to do a scan of that :)

I think its affecting game playing but i dont play games much anyway..i dont have a motherboard cd unfortunately... yeh ive tried the install driver option in the device manager but to no avail.

I believe its my chipset that i need the driver for.. so if anybody could help me out with getting that.. from what i can see its the ATI mobility radeon 9100 IPG.

thanks

Thats the Onboard video chip...

Do you have a video card plugged in though in the AGP or PCI slots?

If so, you won't even need that driver.

In that case, your computers running on Default video drivers which are slower, and tend not to run games at all.

Heres the driver to try and install it anyway if it is that:

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27

This should support your video chip, and might make games faster too. I wonder though if this isn't already installed, since I wouldn't have thoguht games would run at all.

Oh well :p Just see how that helps the driver missing, if thats what it is.

Its possible weve gone way off here, all i want to know is how to get rid of the exclamation marks on sm bus controller and base system device.. someone must have had this problem before!!.

The reason i put the two together is because it has been mentioned that they can be installed by installing your chipset and games dont seem to work anymore.

thanks for your help, i installed the catalyst driver but it had no effect.

sorted said:
I believe its my chipset that i need the driver for.. so if anybody could help me out with getting that.. from what i can see its the ATI mobility radeon 9100 IPG.

thanks

That confused me then, as it seemed sure you knew what it was.

Back
Top Bottom