audio help

juno_reactor

Baseband Member
I recently purchased an album that is WMA encoded and it will only play in WMP. I have iTunes and i have an iPod but I can't play the album in iTunes and I want to make the whole album in MP3 or AAC whichever so I can play the album on my iPod. Thank you in advance.

There are many programs you can get that will convert WMA to mp3. Just do a search on google, google is your friend :)

look here, im even gonna do the work for you >>>

http://www.wma-mp3.com/

actually...

I had already downloaded that program and many others as well. But they don't seem to work. I'm thinking that the CD is protected by DRM and if it is then I'm really screwed because that's a whole bunch of legal stuff I don't want to get into...

what do you mean by it doesn't work? What does it do when you try to convert them?

I did some research and I think there are some legalities between the music industry's method for protecting music in CD's and Apple being able to play them using their software.

Yeah, you know the new GreenDay album?

My mate got that, and its protected so it won't play on a computer program like Windows Media Player, and if its to play on a computer, it has to be on the software provided which is also protected.

The only way it can be properly played is using a normal CD/DVD player connected to a hifi.

If you try to play in any other computer music software, it jumps and acts like the disc is damaged.

pretty weird really, and don't like that at all. seems too much toruble after you've bought a product.
I mean, yeah, its to stop people dragging the music off, and selling it, yet, what does that mean to the consumer, if there stopped using the disc in the normal fashion they normally would?

Is there any way that I can burn the music from the CD onto a blank CD and then rip the CD as MP3? If I can then what software would be best?

Back
Top Bottom