Computer Turns back on! On its OWN!

MrAtticus

Solid State Member
Hello there am new to this forum and this is my first post. Well as the title says MY computer turns On, On its own. I go to shut it off and it rebots within a minute and i know that is not normal. Its not on Stanby or Sleeping. I hit the Shut Down Button and it turns back on. I recently Reformated my computer (3 Hours ago) thinking it might be a software issue. Well its not i reformated and i still have the same Problem.

Running :
Windows XP Pro,
AMD 3500+ Processor,
2 512 mb of Corsair ram(1gb of Ram),
MSI k8n Neo4/SLI motherboard,
and a GeForce 7800 GT OC Graphics Card

So if any of you Could help that Would Be great.

Thanks

wow, thats really odd...since you just reformatted I would assume that you don't have a virus. did you build this computer yourself?

have you ruled out the possibility that a ghosts may be turning it back on when your not looking :D :D :D (i like smilyS)

whats the exact process you go through, do you go to start > "turn off computer" > "turn off computer"?

Seems like some kind of electrical problem, not really sure what though. Disconnect all of the power cords going from your power supply to your components. Then reconnect them and see if that helps at all. Also make sure your case doesn't have an easy push turn on button. My case does, and sometimes when it turns on with me wondering, "wtf mate howd that happen", not realizing it was pushing up against the wall, and i mustve hit the case with my foot and that, pushing it into the wall.

Also theres probably a button on your monitor to turn just your monitor off. A lot of computers use a system to tell you what kind of mode it is, when I turn my computer off their is no light, stand by or restarting its orangey brown, and green when my computer is on. What colour is it (if any) when you turn off your computer?

Yes i did build this computer my self. and this started to happen recently like 3 or 4 days ago. :'(

And as far as the lights there are no light when i shut it down but when it turns back on, on its own there is a Brown orange light that Blinks.
and when i turn it off i go to

Start>Turn Off Computer>Turn Off

I am determend that it is a hardware issue but i dont know where to start.

BUMP: i really need help guys.

I was talking to one of my buddies and they where saying that it might be the MotherBoard does any one know if this might be true?

Is your BIOS set to have automatic turn on enabeled? This may be the cause...Although...I've seen computers REFUSING to shut down...which pis**d me off

Well am going to try the Bios thing but i really doubt it i haven't messed with that since i Finish building like 6 month ago but it is worth a shot thanks i well get back to you see if that was the problem.

Back
Top Bottom