flickering on screen

Jesusfrk611

Fully Optimized
Sometimes there's a flickering on my monitor, sometimes even a horizontal fuzziness through the center of the screen. If anyone's had somthing like this could you tell me if it's the graphics or the monitor? It's a CRT monitor and the Graphics is integrated Intel 82845G/GL.
Thanks

how old is your monitor and computer?
I would guess it is your monitor going bad, if you have another monitor or can borrow one try that and see if it does the same thing.

Jesusfrk611 said:
Sometimes there's a flickering on my monitor, sometimes even a horizontal fuzziness through the center of the screen. If anyone's had somthing like this could you tell me if it's the graphics or the monitor? It's a CRT monitor and the Graphics is integrated Intel 82845G/GL.
Thanks
You most probally need to degauss the monitor. Locate the menu button on the front of the monitor. Bring up the on-screen menu, locate the degauss option, and select it. Press the button and away you go.

hi,
Jesusfrk611
one more thing along with Wombat is, check wheather your moniter's refresh rate is at the prescribed level or not, else, you keep your refresh rate at its maximum value probably that will solve your problem .

The computer and monitor are getting close to 3 years old. I already tried degauss and it didn't work. I set the refresh rate to 75Hz (it was on 60), so I'll see it that works. It only does the flickering sometimes, at random times during use.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom